Job ID 1922
American Boiler & Mechanical is currently hiring for a Fitter/Welder Fitter in the commercial and industrial field. We are a family owned company in business for over 48 years.
The Fitter/Welder Fitter is responsible for performing installation maintenance, service and repair of all makes and models of boilers piping and related equipment. They will also be responsible for layout and welding of piping systems for steam, condensate, hydronic, and process piping. Piping to be fabricated off of drawings or as design build. The position may also include boiler repair.
All job offers are contingent on an acceptable drug and alcohol screening.
· Inspecting the workplace, clearing obstructions, and preparing materials and equipment
· Maintains knowledge of hazard prevention and safety best practices
· Ordering required materials such as pipes, hangars, brackets, hydraulic cylinders, etc.
· Repairing and maintaining pipe systems, supports, and related equipment
· Clearing pipe systems of obstructions and testing their functionality
· Complying with relevant codes and regulatory standards
· Proficient in SMAW for carbon steel required
· Proficient in GTAW for stainless steel is a plus
· Availability to work overtime and be on rotating on call schedule
· Performs other duties as assigned
· Excellent customer service skills
· Willingness to learn commercial and industrial boiler/burner technology and troubleshooting
· Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
Education and Experience
· High school diploma or equivalent
· 3 – 5 years work related experience
· Jurisdictional license or willing to pursue
Benefits and Compensation
- Weekly paycheck via direct deposit
- Company vehicle after a trial period, with fuel card
- Company cell phone
- Health and dental insurance – company pays 60% for individual AND family
- 401(k) eligibility after 1 year including a company matching percentage and profit sharing
- 96 hours PTO after trial period and 6 paid holidays
We are an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants equally without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability status.